501(c)(3) Exempt Status

If your congregation needs a copy of the certification letter noting that they are part of the ELCA and under their group status as exempt from federal income taxes, you must make this request electronically to the ELCA offices at Churchwide. To initiate the Group Ruling Exemption process for your congregation or other ELCA entity or organization, please send an email and follow these instructions: