Mission Table Basics
The following information will guide your congregation in creating a congregational mission table.
Title- (You add the title for your mission table exercise.)
Focus – (What is the primary focus for this mission table?)
- The Set Up: We suggest tables of 6-8 people. The pastor or lay leader may assign a “host” for each table to initiate the discussion. Provide finger food: grapes, apple slices, crackers and cheese, and yes, even some great tasting, homemade cookies. Offer appropriate drinks for those who have come.
- Pray, invite the Holy Spirit to encourage, grant wisdom and inspire the conversation.
- Begin with 5-15 minutes of group reflection on a Bible verse.
- Reflection on a missional question. 30-45 minutes
- Offer a possible follow up mission table that would transition from this exercise.
- Write a reflection piece on your mission table exercise. What did you learn from the exercise? Suggest how the exercise might be improved. Send it to your DEM: email@example.com).
- Celebrate the fact that the Spirit is alive and well in your congregation.
- Set a time and place for the next Mission Table Talk.
- Close with prayer, giving thanks and expressions of gratitude for God’s work among you.